I am a returning customer
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with Giant Chemist Harbour Town!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by Giant Chemist.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of our store, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8 30 TabletsOriental Botanicals Astragalus 8 is used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) to promote immune defences and reduce the frequency of common colds.
Features and benefits:
- Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8 includes eight Chinese herbs, including astragalus, which is traditionally used as an immune tonic to promote immunity in both TCM and Western herbal medicine
- In Western herbal medicine, astragalus is traditionally used for stimulating a healthy immune system response and to support the immune system to fight illness
- In TCM, astragalus is traditionally taken to help decrease the occurrence of common colds
- Astragalus is also traditionally used to promote vitality, help the body deal with stress, and as a replenishing strengthening tonic for Qi (life force energy) in Chinese medicine
How it works:
Astragalus: traditionally used to enhance immune defences in Chinese medicine
Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8 contains the herb astragalus, which is traditionally used in both Chinese medicine and Western herbal medicine to promote the immune defences of the body, to improve overall immunity.
Astragalus is traditionally taken in Western herbal medicine to stimulate a healthy immune system response as well as to support the immune system in fighting illness.
Considered an immune tonic herb in Chinese medicine, astragalus is also traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds.
Astragalus: traditionally taken to strengthen Qi in TCM
Qi (pronounced 'chee') is a type of life force energy. In Chinese medicine, It's traditionally considered responsible for fuelling all bodily functions. According to TCM, when your Qi is depleted, you might feel like you lack vitality or catch colds frequently.1
Astragalus is traditionally used in TCM as a restorative strengthening Qi tonic that also promotes protective Qi (a specific type of Qi traditionally believed to form part of the body's immune defences against infection).2
Astragalus is also traditionally taken in TCM to enhance vitality, as well as to help the body cope with and adapt to stress.
1. Hou JP, Jin Y. The healing power of Chinese herbs and medicinal recipes. Routledge, 2005.
2. Elias J, Ketcham K. Chinese medicine for maximum immunity. Three Rivers Press, 1998.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
- RRP: $30.95 $21.99 SAVE $8.96 OFF RRP
- Shop By Brand Oriental Botanicals
- Availability: In Stock